Friday, April 1, 2011

Yeh Saali Zindagi

There is a time in your life when you may not have everything you crave for but at least you have your friends and close ones near you to give you that feel that you are not alone. Those carefree college days, your gang, being someone in the city that you grew up in, the "girl" who can give you goosebumps with just a flash of her smile, asking parents for money all the time and getting denied most of the time.. And that is when you start dreaming that one day you will be earning millions, be independent, not worry about the budget when you hang out with your friends or fight about who should pay the bill and not worry that hope the "girl" does not ask for anything fancy which is not affordable.
Maybe i have the money today and am independent. But as I sit with a drink and think, am I really happy with things in life? Does the salary that is waiting to be credited to my account make me elated? Does being independent and that I have no one to answer about how I lead my life make me give a fist pump? And as I kept on pondering with all these questions I realized that the answer to every one of these questions is a big fat NO!
I want my old life back. When I was so carefree. I want my mom to question me. I want to go back to her and keep on pestering her for my pocket money. At least I had peace and friends in my life. The "girl" was near to me, both physically and mentally. Today when I want al these things with me, I suddenly realize that am thousands of miles away from my life... Yes, my LIFE. 'Coz my life is my friends, their company, my home, my mom, my messed up room, the "girl"...

No comments: